<VV> Parts Needed for 1960 Bolivian Corvair

Bill Hubbell whubbell at umich.edu
Fri Jul 20 19:35:44 EDT 2007

Hey, I see that my earlier post did not format well, so here is a re-post of
the parts that Richard is looking for (Bill Hubbell)

"Corvair" insignia for sides of both front fenders.

"Chevrolet" insignia for rear engine cover

Front trunk cylinder

Dashboard switch knobs

Aluminum door sill plates

Cowl vents & doors for kick panels (other than pics in the manual, have no
idea what goes in there)

Windshield wiper arms

2 Interior door handles with washers

3 Window crank handles with washers

Interior rear view mirror and mount

Bumper guards

Alternator/filter adapter  (NOTE: I also think we should get him a CORVAIR
alternator and Voltage Regulator or else a late model internally regulated
GM regulator with CORVAIR front frame and pulley.  He planned to used a
NISSAN alternator and modify the mount, but this would be easier.  GM parts
are almost non-existent in Bolivia - wjh)

High beam dimmer switch

Turn signal internals and lever (all I have is the collar)

Horn button

Steering wheel bearing, seat and spring

Cut valve covers for adjusting, or extras that can be cut

Left and right air baffles and clips

Thermostat

Air tubes from air filter to carburetors (will use hoses if I can't find
tubes)

Choke mechanism for air intake (can't find in any catalogs)

Shroud pieces..  Still counting (comparing pieces to shop manual photos)