<VV> 1960 Door sills and request for photos

Bill Hubbell whubbell at umich.edu
Fri Jul 20 20:41:29 EDT 2007

Yes, I do know something about that.  That is the way the earliest Corvairs
were made - 4-doors only.  The change-over to aluminum sill plates occurred
in 1959 and before the introduction of the 2-door Coupe.  This is actually
explained in Larry Claypool's "Stock Is..." column that appeared in the July
1990 issue of the Communiqué.

Take some pictures for me and I will plan an article for a future edition of
"Taking Stock", the SCG newsletter, on the subject of door sills.

While I am on this subject, I would like to ask all owners of original
Corvairs to consider taking detailed photos of their cars.  The SCG (stock
Corvair Group) is trying to build an extensive photo database documenting
all Corvair features.  Please take photos of your stock Corvairs!