<VV> New SCG Newsletter is ready

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Fri Jul 20 22:07:25 EDT 2007

I just spoke with Mark Corbin, who is heading up this year's Annual Stock Corvair Event at the convention. It's going to be a fun event! This is the second year and Mark is following in the footsteps that Dave Ellis put down last year at the inaugural show.

If you have any interest in stock Corvairs, whether you own one or not, be sure to come by the event, which is being held simultaneously and physically near Concours Classification. In case you have not heard of the ASCE, it's an opportunity for us to examine and learn from any Corvair that is presented by its owner, regardless of how stock it is. Of course, the more stock it is, the more we can learn for the storehouse of info that we're compiling. But non-stock cars are welcome too, if the owner is interested in learning how close to stock it is.

The event is also a great way to learn about stock, so don't be shy in attending even if you think you don't know much. It's a great opportunity to learn from each other, which is exactly what we did last year in Buffalo. And I hope that many of the cars we saw last year come again, so that we can continue to document them. (There's not enough time to do a whole car during one ASCE.)

--Kent