<VV> Re: Resistor Wire

Chris Hames chames at socal.rr.com
Sun Jul 22 15:12:14 EDT 2007

I think that it's a really good idea to replace the entire harness in
the engine compartment.  Who knows how many other splices have been
put in under the tape?  I unraveled about 6 inches of tape on mine
and found four splices, and since I was having some funky electrical
problems I just redid the whole thing.

It took me about 30 minutes.  Not only did my funky electrical
problems go away, my car performed better too.

If you buy the harnesses directly from the manufacturer, M+H Electric
Fabricators, Inc. (www.wiringharness.com), you'll save money over
buying it from Clarks or any other 'vair shop.  The engine harness is
$69.95 from them direct.  M+H also has a full corvair catalog
available online (click on products, then click on wiring harnesses,
then go all the way to the bottom and click on "check out our new
catalog")

If you still don't want to replace the whole thing (do it! :D), still
give M+H a call - they can do lots of custom things and can probably
just send you the resistor wire.

Good luck!
Chris