<VV> Stink of Gas

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 22:20:37 EDT 2007

                                       B"H

Thanks everyone who responded to my question on the
raw gas smell on my 69.

Turned out to be a leaky fuel pump (!), I opened the
engine lid just to make sure, and saw gas dripping out
like a leaky faucet!

The screws that hold the top section of the pump seem
to be not very good at keeping the top section tight,
just turn them a bit too much and they completely lose
their "grip" just turning in the hole.  I've found
that with 3 screws already.

I have a new pump I hope to get on the car this week.

Thanks again...Bill Hershkowitz 69 Monza Hardtop 110
PG