<VV> No Brake Lights

Borrrris at aol.com Borrrris at aol.com
Wed Jul 25 13:09:15 EDT 2007

OK - this leaves me baffled.
 No brake lights; but taillights and turn signals work  fine.
 Using a continuity probe, verified that output at the brake  pedal switch is
good.
 Verified that ground at both taillight housings is  good.
 Verified that current at taillamp socket is there when you  press brake
pedal.
 Replaced both bulbs = no difference.
 Removed bulbs and tested for current at sockets under all  scenarios (any
combination of tail, turn  and brakes; with light  switch on or off) All test
good on the continuity probe INCLUDING BRAKE  LIGHTS.
 Reinstall the bulbs, and I'm BACK TO NO BRAKE LIGHTS (but  turn signals that
use the same wire and same bulb element work  fine.)
HUH?

Thanks,
Matt from L.I. ('66 Monza coupe  110/pg)