<VV> last note on lifters

mark at noakes.com mark at noakes.com
Wed Jul 25 17:06:57 EDT 2007

The following is the answer I got back from Clarks on why they say that
lifters should not be primed, direct quote by permission:

"The manufactures use a special thin oil in these for start up so that
they will be easily adjustable. They tell us that if you prime them you
run the risk of overfilling it and causing it to become basically a
solid lifter which could then cause more problems than you want. we
have double checked with other lifter manufactures and they all say the
same. Priming lifters is old school and should not be done."

This is very close to what I found digging around the internet on the
Crane Cams site as well.

Mark Noakes