<VV> re:priming lifters..

tom zimmermann s10birdman1966 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 22:34:54 EDT 2007

..while most engines are V or in-line today,it may be 'assumed'  that any air in the lifter will quickly exit up the pushrod...laying horizontal,however,it'll take longer as the lifter rotates (like it's supposed to) the side hole to '12 o'clock' ..I don't see how a lifter could be "over-filled" with oil,anyhow..fwiw,I do leave mine submerged in the oil I'm going to use in the engine at least over night,side holes up;then set the rockers at 'zero' lash(slight drag on the pushrod),fire it up,and when warm,adjust hot..