Fwd: <VV> backfire

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Thu Jul 26 09:42:15 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/26/2007 7:53:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
marklaredo at msn.com writes:

> I have a 64 corvair with a 65 110 motor. When I accelerate hard and then
> slow down real quick, I sometimes get what sounds like a back fire.

Well if it's a backfire then there has to be some unburned gas to ignite in
the exhaust.  Are BOTH carbs closing smoothly when the accelerator is released?
 A mixture that is too rich could also contribute.  The muffler isn't a
factor (until the backfire gets big enough to blow it off).

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Kensington MD
'64 Greenbrier