<VV> Gas mileage

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 27 10:55:17 EDT 2007

I've been driving around in the Monza whenever I can find an
opportunity.  A concern that I'm having now is the gas mileage.
Apparently, I have the Hummer edition Monza.  My gas mileage for the
last three fill-ups have been 14.3, 12.4, and 10.85 respectively.
This is a new rebuild with new carbs and an electric fuel pump, but
even then, I would expect the numbers to be reversed.  I still have
the transmission not staying in low past 15-25 off the line, kicking
as it shifts from D to L when coming to a stop, and no kick down.
I'm awaiting time to check the vacuum on the modulator.
Ideas?

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas
Corvaireum //

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza Hardtop 110