<VV> convention07, lifter issues

Norm Witte norman.witte at comcast.net
Sun Jul 29 21:24:12 EDT 2007

Mike, I am glad you enjoyed your visit to Michigan.  I'll respectfully take issue with your claim that Corvairpeople aren't welcoming if you don't already know them.  Last week I met other Corvair owners at our hotel (not the host hotel), in the pool and just wandering around and found them plenty friendly.  I'm sorry you didn't experience the same thing.

With regard to your sticking lifter, one thing you might try is to drain off a quart of oil, add a quart of ATF, go drive the car for about a half hour, and then change the oil.  It can't hurt anything, and it might desludge that lifter and get it working again.

--
Norm Witte
DeWitt, Michigan

The Internet: a fantastic new technology that combines the accuracy of fourth-hand hearsay with the excitement of typing.

From: <mhicks130 at cox.net>