<VV> Gas mileage

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 13:18:09 EDT 2007

                                    B"H

Stephen:  A number of possibilities should be checked
as possible causes of poor fuel mileage:

1.  Type of driving - city or highway?
2.  Ensure brakes are not binding
3.  Wheel bearings too tight?
4.  Tranny slipping? (tachometer at highway speeds to
check rpm)
5.  Fuel leaks?
6.  Dirty air cleaner
7.  Check electrical/ignition:  Points, wires, plugs
8.  Check vacuum, ensure it's steady and within specs
9.  PCV valve - check condition
10. Mechanical condition of engine internals,
including valve train, pistons, rings, etc.
11. Gas filter

Hope this helps.  Let me know how you make out...Bill
Hershkowitz  69 Monza 110 PG