<VV> Corvair VIN decoding...

Rick Loving ral1963 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 30 13:51:51 EDT 2007

Greetings Mike,

The car you found can be broke down as such...

ST 65-10537 = 1965 Monza Coupe (1 of 88,954 made in 65)
WRN 43076 = Willow Run built, 43076th Monza built that year
BODY PAINT R-R = Regal Red exterior paint upper and lower
TRIM 713 = Black Bucket Seats
E = Black painted interior trim

ACC

(The acc letters are hard to read especially if painted over multiple
times and/or poor lighting, some of the numbers letters listed do not
exist or are in the wrong place so I guessed as to what they should be
based on similar looking letters or numbers)

W = RPO A02 Tinted Windshield
2 = Group 2 options start (probably not a Z, but a 2)
R = RPO U80 Rear speaker (probably not a 4 but a R, could be S or H ???)
3 = Group 3 options start
C = Padded Dash
4 = Group 4 options start
P = RPO Z01 C&C group (2sp wiper/washer, day/night mirror)(not an R but
a P)

So you have a Red 65 Monza 3 speed..

Rick Loving