<VV> Electric cooling fan results

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue Jul 31 11:47:33 EDT 2007

At 04:17 PM 7/30/2007, Frank DuVal wrote:
>I have seen a 60 Corvair engine run for about 30 minutes with no fan
>belt at full throttle. The engine did not quit, it was stopped so
>the fire could be put out....
>
>Frank DuVal

...and that fire was started by oil drooling onto hot exhaust
manifolds from the practically nonexistent pushrod tube seals.   The
fire extinguisher not only put out the oil fire, it snuffed out the
engine as well when it got sucked into the carbs.

I told 'em they should bring it back again next year and try to blow
it up again...  gotta love the durability of a '60 engine.

tony..