<VV> cooling fan history

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Tue Jul 31 18:49:58 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/31/2007 2:27:09 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
Sethracer at aol.com writes:

Remember  the history! The Mag fan was Magnesium by chance. It was
originally
a plastic fan - (Tom Keosababian had one of those plastic babies, by   the
way!). Midway through R&D, the plastic was being attacked by acid  fumes
during
test, and the decision was made at the last minute to  go to  Magnesium.
Virtually the same molds could be  used.

Well, not quite. The planned Delrin fan had 16 vanes while the finally
released mag fan had only 11. I don't know just how much this might have  affected
the comparative airflows, but it sure required a different mold, I  would
think.
Regards,
Bob Helt