<VV> Electric fans

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Tue Jul 31 19:54:50 EDT 2007

Don't get me wrong, I complimented them on their effort. Heck, he  had DATA,
and that's more than anyone else has provided, even ME! I think you  all did
GREAT work!!

I do have a 911 blower/alternator assembly. However, I have so many other
projects (including two houses!) that I have damn little time for this stuff.
Hopefully, when I retire SOON, I will undertake this project in earnest instead
 of just collecting parts!
My thinking was a reversed engine with a 915 transaxle (which I have) and
then everything works. Heck, even with a standard rotation, a serpentine belt
will fix the rotation issue!!
The reason I think a 911 fan will work is simple, 911s have GREAT cooling!
Hard to beat that sort of logic, given that a 911 is a similarly direct air
cooled engine, etc. Not a hard extrapolation.

Maybe take the 911 fan/alternator assembly, tie the stator directly to the
stator of a dedicated alternator, and make it a synchronous motor! Alternators
acting as motors can make a LOT of HP, well over 10 HP if done correctly.
Anyone  up for trying THAT?

In a message dated 7/31/2007 6:42:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,