<VV> Trasmission shims (lost??) was Clutch here we go:

Kerry B deaconone at teleweb.net
Mon Jun 4 08:59:16 EDT 2007

Hi,

In dissaembly process, getting ready to remove the engine/trans asm. I
noticed that at the transmission support bracket, there is at least an
inch between the bracket and the back of the transmission and there are
no 'shims'. Since I 'think'  this affects alignment (tow-in/out)??
Shouldn't they be there?  How many are usually used? The Clarks catalog
says the shims for the 4 speed are 1/16th thick, it seems like it would
take a LOT of them to fill the space? IF it ever stops raining I will
try to get a picture of what's there...if that would help!

The more I take apart, the worse things get....

Kerry

1963/4 Spyder convertible