<VV> choke or pull-off problem

Dennis Dorogi dfamily at fairpoint.net
Tue Jun 5 13:45:20 EDT 2007

My 65 monza 110 will start OK after setting for a week or so.  I have to pump the accelerator pedal 6 or 7 times and it will start and run smoothly on fast idle for about  for about 5-7 seconds and then just quit. It doesn't run rough or anything - it just dies and has been flooded out.  It is difficult to restart until the gas has cleared.
      My questions are:  Do I have the chokes adjusted improperly or is it a choke pull off problem?  Choke pull-offs are new and working.  What is a good setting for the choke unloader adjustment?  The recommended setting doesn't seem to open the chokes enough for an easy restart after being flooded.   Thank you for your help. Dennis Dorogi