<VV> choke or pull-off problem

Dennis Dorogi dfamily at fairpoint.net
Tue Jun 5 19:59:43 EDT 2007

"With the air  cleaners off ,
disconnect the clips and choke rods from the carburetors. See  that the
chokes just close fully when you pull up on the choke rods and the rods
just enter
the holes in the arms. Reconnect and check for non-binding movement.  Then
check the pull-offs for proper opening of the choke plates."
           I did as you suggested and found that I had to turn the choke
rods down two turns . There was no binding.  I believe when I put the car
away for the winter I messed with the choke rods and forgot about it.  I
never had the problem since I rebuilt the carbs some 20 years ago.  I
depressed the pedal once and it started and continued to run on fast idle
with no stalling.  I am certainly going to increase the unloader adjustment
to 1/2 inch as you suggested.  I guess I was the cause of the problem.  I
should have known to check this.  Gets harder to remember things as every
year goes by.  Thanks for your help.    Dennis Dorogi