<VV> Tony Fiore

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Wed Jun 6 21:45:50 EDT 2007

Hey guys and gals,
I never had the pleasure of meeting Tony Fiore face to face... but we did
exchange a few emails from time to time. It was a bummer for me to find out that
he wasn't going to be able to make the 2004 Convention in Lexington, Ky....
What can I say that hasn't been said before.... the man was a visionary...
and he was passionate about the Corvair. My Dad used to say "I've forgotten more
about that than you will ever know, boy..." in his Foghorn Leghorn kind of
drawl... well, Tony could say the same to us... thanks be to him for having the
foresight to put it down on paper in The Corvair Decade.
Sarah, please pass our condolences on to Rose... she must be one heck of a
lady... and let her know our thoughts and prayers are with her and the loved
ones that Tony left behind.
We've lost a cornerstone, one of the guys who laid the groundwork for what we
all take for granted every day....
I may have missed the opportunity to thank Tony for all he did for CORSA, but
I want to thank everyone who was there in the "early days" who are still with
us, and you know who you are... Thanks... I, for one, certainly appreciate
all the hard work you've done for our club.
God bless,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Kentucky Corvair
1961 Greenbrier
1963 Greenbrier
1964 700 sedan
1969 Monza coupe