<VV> RE: Tony Fiore

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 7 01:24:47 EDT 2007

Sarah,
	I wish to extend my sincere condolences to Rose Fiore, the Fiore
Family, Tony's friends, and to all the Corvair enthusiasts who have
been the beneficiaries of Tony's amazing contributions to the legacy
of the the Corvair.

	The first book that I ever read on the Corvair was my dad's, and now
my, copy of the Corvair Decade #551.  My dad was a Corvair mechanic,
collector, owner, parts warehouse (ggg), and Corsa member for over
twenty years and so the book takes on added meaning.  I still have
his prized Monza hardtop, sitting twenty feet from me in the garage,
which I'm personally working on and WILL be back on the road this
summer!
	Whenever I talk to people who are unfamiliar with the Corvair, I
find myself time and again referring to The Corvair Decade.  It sets,
as I write this, five feet from me propped up on the top shelf of my
book case so that the cover is facing me.  I can't tell you how many
times over the last fifteen years that I have referred to it to check
facts, look up production numbers, check option codes, look at the
color availabilities, marvel at the development of the earlies,
review the changes made on the lates, examine the differences between
the Corsa and the Monza, and just have some really great pictures to
show those who have never seen a Corvair, Rampside, Greenbrier, or
Lakewood.

	Back in the summer of '04, Tony put out an offer to have copies of
his book signed.  Just send him the book and he said he would sign
it.  I jumped at the chance.  He even inscribed it with the message
that I wanted to have in it. In part it reads:

"From generation to generation
May the appreciation, sprit, and fun
of the Corvair and the Corsa family
Live on in perpetuity."

It seems now, a fitting tribute to Tony's work, too.

 From the bottom of my heart , I wish to honor Tony for all he has
done for CORSA, keeping the Corvair alive, and educating me on this
great line.

God's speed Tony

Sincerely,

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas
Corvairium //

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza Hardtop 110
Sierra Tan, Saddle, PG, A/C, original AM/FM, clock, tint, oil bath
air filter, vertical bumper guards, rust free, w/ 77K