<VV> Carter AFB on 66 140 Monza Convert

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Fri Jun 8 19:32:01 EDT 2007

>Do any of you good guys out there in VairLand know what is the best
>Jet/metering rod combo to use on the 550 CFM Carter AFB?

When I put dual quads on my SBC I had a 9450  (450cfm) on the back and a
500 in the front. Ran mostly on the back primaries (had progressives but
used both idle circuits). AFAIR the stock jets were .098s and I dropped
back to .087 or so before it leaned out properly. Didn't touch the rods.
Put over 60,000 miles on it like that and was running good when sold so
wasn't too lean. Think they made them too rich on the shelf so that they
would never burn a piston.

Just my experience with an entirely different engine (but same name on the
valve cover).

Padgett