<VV> the crazy things people say about Vairs'

Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per chaz at ProperProPer.com
Sat Jun 9 16:53:10 EDT 2007

Boy !  If your Corvair could only talk !  What would it tell you about what
onlookers say when you're not there.

If it could talk, that would stop the rumors, wouldn't it ?

Sometimes people prefer there wild stories to the truth - much more
interesting !

Chaz
67 Monza (still on its road to recovery)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ray Rodriguez" <reray at echoes.net>
To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2007 1:44 PM
Subject: <VV> the crazy things people say about Vairs'

     Today my town (lake ariel, pa) had a car show/chili festival... neat
combo!

     My car is scattered all over my garage so I didn't have a Corvair to
show off, but an older gent (my boss's father actually) with a light blue 63
monza vert showed up and promptly abandoned his car in favor of the
chili..... tons of people were stopping at the rear of his car and making
all kinds of crazy statements about Corvairs so I stepped in to give out
Corvair info.  It was kind of strange having to first tell everyone.. "this
isn't my car, but.....", but I had quite a few long Corvair related
conversations and left a bunch of people with some food for thought.

     One guy asked "do you really have to keep the tire pressure lower in
the front or is that just a rumour?"  so I showed him the sticker inside the
glove box.  A second fellow told the guy with him that Corvairs were
outlawed!   Another, who I was told owns two Corvairs (poor things),
declared to all standing nearby that after Chevy quit building the car they
announced publicly that they were a deathtrap.... he also harshly critisized
this nice little car for having an electic fuel pump... and told everyone
around that if you didnt back out the e-brake adjusters EXACTLY 22 clicks
one of the rear wheels would lock up and the car would flip over..... where
do people get this stuff?  Naturally I defended our cars.... much to his
disgruntlement- after all I'm just a dumb kid <gg>.  I got to hear a couple
of people mutter to their husband or wife "that kid knows his cars" as they
walked away.

     Moral of the story?  Never leave your Corvair undefended at a car
show!!!

Ray Rodriguez
CORSA member
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe under construction
www.myspace.com/vairnuts