<VV> RE: Little Covair - Compressors again

Mark Edmonds ctmle at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 9 20:03:16 EDT 2007

"......The High-speed wail of a
direct drive unit will drive just about anyone nuts....."

My two cents - if you are spending money on a larger compressor look at the
rpm that they turn at.  A while back I picked up two used compressors that
needed work.  The first one I fixed turned at a higher rpm than the other
unit, and made about twice the noise.  When I got the low rpm unit working I
kept it and sold the other one. It makes a big difference when it is in the
same room you are working in.  A friend of mine who used to work around
various compressors said the same thing - higher rpm = more noise.
Mark