<VV> the crazy things people say about Vairs'

Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per chaz at ProperProPer.com
Sat Jun 9 22:58:24 EDT 2007

A "few" years back, I had a 1960 Buick "Flxible" ambulance (ala "Ghostbusters") with the extended chassis, raised roof, a "4-door" with 4 of the big "2-door" doors - each longer than the abbreviated doors typically used on a 4-door.

Anyway, this this was HUGE, and I had my required "I LOVE MY^ CORVAIR" bumper sticker on the back "vault" door.

So, this guy comes up, admiring my car (it was REALLY impressive), and quips, "I didn't know Corvair made a station wagon."

I started to tell him that, well, they did make a Corvair wagon, but ...

I decided to leave it alone, and let him believe that "Casper the Friendly Hearse" was a Corvair, so he tell his friends that the Corvair made big cars too.

Too much explaining and the stories he would tell were much more interesting.

PS: If you like "Professional Vehicles" and would like to see this car in its "hayday" catch the episode of the original Twilight Zone where William Shatner imagines (?) a gnome tearing the wing of the airliner apart in flight.

He is taken away in "Casper" at the end of the show.  (I bought the car from a teacher who was moving from CA to NY, and buying this was cheaper than renting a moving van, and he "got rid of it" when he was finished, and I just could NOT resist it.  (Friends kept asking me, "Why don't you get a 'big car' ?" - so I did.)