<VV> 2 ways for Fires

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Mon Jun 11 12:39:04 EDT 2007

In a message dated 6/11/2007 10:30:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bars84crx at hotmail.com writes:

The  other way a corvair can easily start a fire?  Blow a belt on the
highway, not notice the gen light for several miles due to the glare, and
pull off onto the grassy shoulder....with unshrouded headers.  Don't  ask me
how I know.

Barry in SC

That's why EVERY Corvair (not just Spyders and  Corsas) needs an engine
temperature gauge.  I've driven Corvairs home  without damage with NO operating
fanbelt by using the aftermarket CHT gauge to  tell me when to periodically stop
and cool off the engine before proceeding  again.  7 miles took about 4 stops.
 The heater on full blast plus a  BIG battery plus synthetic oil and Viton
O-rings helped, too.  <GGGGG>
    Frank "likes gauges"  Burkhard