<VV> Late Convertible Top Differences

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Mon Jun 11 17:16:40 EDT 2007

This is  a picture of the top on my '66.   On the opposite side, it is
missing the bolt that the arrow points to.   I have yet to find another
top with the same setup.    The rest have a straight bar, and pivot.
   I have looked at my friends '65 corsa with power top,
my dads '65 with a manual top,   and my '69 vert.   All of them do not
have this bolt, or a slot that the bushing
slides
in.    So when and where was the change? Any one have an idea?

http://www.unm.edu/~geoffj/Vair/Missing-Bolt-2.jpg

I do not see it any diagrams either.   Wondering where the change was or
what the story is.    The bolt has a shoulder and goes through a bushing,
so I cant just go buy one.  If needed I will machine one myself, but that
will  be a pain.

Thanks
Geoff Johnson