Sedan definition, AGAIN!, was: <VV> 2-dr - 4-dr -- humor, I hope

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Mon Jun 11 19:52:12 EDT 2007

Technically, a coupe CAN have 4 doors. Just look at the Saturn or Mazda
RX-8 coupes. So the joke would have to say that a coupe would still be a
coupe regardless of the number of doors, as long as it had the shorter
roofline.

Regardless of the number of doors, car is only a sedan if it has a full
roofline and full-length "B" pillars. THAT is the difference. Remember
the 2 door sedans of the '60's and earlier? I do, and I have a ton of
factory documents to prove it, dating back to the teens. The term
"sedan" doesn't denote the number of doors, despite anything you might
have heard from SOME certain ignorant people (who don't acknowledge
industry-accepted sources, but instead rely on pop-culture slang.)

-Mark