<VV> Crown turbo exhaust housing!

Jim Bannister jimster1 at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 13 00:47:16 EDT 2007

Rudy,
It would seem like we've read the same book.  My carb left in the mail to
Ray Sedman on Saturday for the vacuum secondary mod.  The items that you
mention are all on the build schedule.  So far I'm not sure of my piston
selection.  I'd like to have a strong running normally aspirated motor that
can ALSO withstand ca. 20 lbs. of boost.  To that end, I'm gonna prep a pair
of 140 heads to improve the N.A. side of the equation.  I figure with 20 PSI
overpressure in the intake, almost any head will flow, but when cruising
with no boost, it's gotta breathe.
I've got an e-flow wheel as well, but I'm not sure of what combination I'll
wind up with on the turbo.  Currently, my turbo is an unknown beast, It'll
pull 10 PSI in all gears with a VDO gauge reading the pressure.  It
shouldn't be that good.  A P.O. may have laid his hands on the turbo, I
won't know until I pull it off and take a peek.
In theory, the Crown housing should give a faster spool up.....right?
Jim

 You have a 1964  Crown housing. Are you going to use the split thottle
shaft Weber Carb?

 I am a certified modified turbo addict. I'm running a 2 in. S.U. carb on a
stock intake side turbo with a tight exhaust housing. TB 20 cam,Flowmaster
muffler, homemade water injection, Accell coil, Seth's wires, K&N air
filter. It has .030 over TRW forged pistons and is balanced. IT has seen 18
to 20 lbs. boost often on a Autometer real boost gauge.  Its fun!!!

                Rudy Scheindt
                Grantsville,UT.
                Bonneville Corvair member
                 Corsa member