<VV> RE: Engine paint

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Wed Jun 13 09:58:28 EDT 2007

<snip> Smitty says:  Not to make a big deal of it, but for a likewise period
of time I have been using Semi Gloss Krylon for the engine sheet metal.  I
use no primer.  If allowed to dry 3-4 days it is impervious to fuel spills
and does not soften from oil saturation.  Parts can be handled for
instalation in 2 or 3 hours.  For the convenince of purchase (Wallyworld)
and price, it is hard to beat. <unsnip>

I buy that Krylon by the case!  The product/color # is 1613.  Even my wife
calls it "1613", as in Ya gotta can of 1613 Craig?  One of the odd secondary
uses of 1613 is that it can be used on rubber stuff, such as hoses or tires.
It's a great way to hide a blemish or body-paint overspray on rubber parts.
Agree with all of Smitty's comments about suitability and ease of use for
engine sheet metal.
Craig Nicol
65,66,67,68