<VV> Idle Speed

Tom Kazda tkazda at burnhamgroup.com
Thu Jun 14 10:51:30 EDT 2007

I am having an interesting problem with my Corvair.  I have a 1966 Monza
with a Powerglide and mechanical fuel pump.  When I start it up in the
morning and drive for about 15-20 minutes it performs great.  After
about 20 minutes, it runs really rough if I come to a stop.  Once going
again, it drives nice.  It has come to the point where I have to put the
car in neutral if I come to a stop because the engine will stop
(sometimes I still have to give it gas in neutral).  I don't think it is
vapor locking because it runs fine in neutral and fine once I am back up
to speed.  I think maybe my idle is off.  Being a "newbie" does this
sound like what the problem may be?  If so, how do I increase my idle
speed.

Thanks for your help!
Tom Kazda
66 Monza