<VV> Newbie question....

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 14 19:21:44 EDT 2007

A dropped seat is most common on the 140hp (big valve) engine.  It can
happen on others, but with much less frequency.  It is typically caused by
an overheat situation at some point in the life of the head(s).  Running
without a fan belt would be a big No - NO.  The moment the gen/fan light
goes on, shut er down and get to the side of the road.  Carry a spare belt
and the appropriate tool to change it.  You'll be back on the road in 10 -
15 minutes and won't overheat the engine.

Run synthetic oil and be sure you have no crud blocking the air flow between
the cylinders or at the top of the oil cooler.  You SHOULD be fine.  These
cars are 40+ and I'm not providing any guarantees with my comments.

Later, JR

CCE and CORSA member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater 500 Coupe "icemobile" 4/140 (50%)