<VV> LM defroster baffles

Jim McLott Jim.McLott at DOR.GA.GOV
Sat Jun 16 12:12:39 EDT 2007

Yep, it should be obvious.  Once you get the defroster duct out, you'll see the old staples where the original cardboard was fastened to the duct.  Remove the old staples and discard.  Hold the new cardboard to the duct and drill small holes in the cardboard using the holes in the duct as a template.  Attach new cardboard with staples.  You'll have to use pliers to crimp the staples as I recall.  Reinstall defroster duct and you're done.  Now go enjoy a bowl of Cap'n Crunch.

Jim McLott & Christine, the 1966 Monza convertible wonder-car
Member: CORSA, Corvair Atlanta, Heart of GA Corvairs and Group Red (ret.)
http://www.wittelaw.com/personal/groupred/mclott.htm

<snip>

OK, I got sick of seeing the reflection from the instrument lights in the windshield so I ordered the cardboard defroster baffles (yes Matt, I realize I could have made my own from my Captain Crunch cereal box).  They came in a bag with some staples but no instructions.  Has anyone installed these jewels?  Will it be obvious to me what to do when I get the defroster duct out?  There are currently no baffles installed so I don't have anything to go by.
</snip>