<VV> Corvette Arises (no Corvair)

Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per chaz at ProperProPer.com
Sat Jun 16 21:35:54 EDT 2007

No offense taken, although obviously spoken by a "prestige car" owner !
Touch a hot button, did I ?

Corvette might be a good car, but is it MORE than it is advertised to be ?
The Corvair is just that.

I don't "hate" Mustangs either, but they are, as you say, "straight line"
cars, mostly for the "prestige" of owning one.

I like the Corvair because it is more than it appears to be, being
advertised  (in 1967) as "America's cheapest hardtop," which it may have
been, but it was so much more.

I had just posted how I nearly had to sue my Mustang salesman after I drove
my buddy's Corsa and became completely disenchanted with the Mustang I had
ordered, having been caught up in Mustang-mania (I was just out of high
school and new nothing about cars, but I knew that the Corsa was more car
than the Mustang could ever be !)

I've driven almost nothing but Corvairs since then, except as A->B
transportation, and then only because I don't want to wear the Corvair out.

Did I ever post how my Vair could weave in between the muscle cars on the
cloverleaf interchanges, at double the "advisory" speed limits, on my way
home from school ?  Try that in a Mustang !   (Sure, they caught up on the
straights, where I would at least try to obey speed limits, but they had to
prove something, though I'm not sure what.)

Maybe a Corvette could have done that too, but you would EXPECT it to do
that, for that price, right ?

The Corvair is a surprising sleeper, and a Corvette is expected to perform !

So, I am going to ignore the other comments ...