<VV> From clutch to worse.. (1964 Sydper Turbo) last problem..!?

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Jun 17 00:27:26 EDT 2007

Kerry and jan B wrote:

> The solenoid was replaced during the clutch replacement, but the
> stater worked ok b./4 except for the somewhat famous click, click,
> click from time to time.

Take a click click click solenoid apart next time. One of the contacts
(terminals) wears more than the other, and usually you can turn the
contact around use a "new" section for many more years. Of course if a
previous repair already did this....  These contacts (terminals) are
(were) available from Delco. Why don't our vendors stock them?

> FWIW, the solenoid was made in China. Don't we make anything here
> anymore.....?

NO!

Frank DuVal