<VV> Re: clutch to worse

Bill Meglen tirediron at charter.net
Sun Jun 17 01:18:11 EDT 2007

i did not! Sure looked like oilite bronze, and from reputable vendor
(CU). Lon recognized the "symptoms" of tight fit. Replacement bushing
was NOS GM.

I vaguely recollect the admonition of oil no grease, but mine was
very light application.

If done again I will be guided by that...may even sacrifice a couple
of chickens at an altar to avoid this problem.

I do wonder about the potential "draw down" between between diff and
bell housing reducing shaft shoulder to bearing clearances? Not
likely, but if there is a next time I will make sure bushing is less
than flush with crank.

I welcome other ideas because I get nauseous thinking of it.

Bill