<VV> The Plymouth no vair

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Mon Jun 18 13:50:27 EDT 2007

At 11:57 PM 6/16/2007, Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per wrote:
>In hindsight (20-20, of course), it seems they could not have
>expected much more than a rusted hulk, so the fact that there is
>anything left at all is pretty good, I guess.

Whatcha wanna bet that this car gets restored?    If it was mine, I'd
not stop until it was done and on the streets running again, no
matter what sort of work it took.

Besides, I've always had a really soft spot for '57 Mopars, from the
Belvedere all the way to the 300-C, gotta love those fins and the
detailed interiors, beautiful cars.    And of course, 1957 was THE
year for the Firepower 392 Hemi engine, likely its best year ever.

A while back I spent some time trying to get someone I knew to turn
loose a '57 Dodge 2-dr sedan, rolling shell, at least had all the
glass but not much else...  great start for a neo-modern street rod
project.    No good, he wouldn't turn it loose, at least not to
me...  but it did go to someone else a few months later.   Irked me
just a tad...   I have most of what it would take to have put that
old Dodge back together and make it run again... maybe not original
stock, but "street-rodded".    Got a '69 vintage 440 Magnum (out of a
Charger R/T) engine and a 4-sp gearbox and some interior stuff that
would have fallen right into that old Dodge...

Oh well, after I finish the '66 Satellite project and get it
roadworthy, maybe I can start looking around again.

>Still, it has been disappointing to see a classic come to such a
>dreary demise.  Now I'm glad it was NOT a Fury convert.

Sheesh...   that would have blasphemy!    It's bad enough that the
Belvedere came out as sad as it did... however that's no reason it
can't be fixed.    Lots worse cars HAVE been fixed and came out nice.

This one is special and deserves special, treatment.   Somebody will
fix it.

tony..