<VV> Can't win for losing - big oil leak

D. Barry Ellison bars84crx at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 18 13:21:36 EDT 2007

I recently retagged and insured my 65 red vert, mainly cause it's just so
much fun to drive.  (Also because the wife just got a 2007 Civic 37mpg to
replace our 14mpg Dangrango) She sat for 6 months covered - didn't
disconnect the battery or use any Stabil to save the fuel.  After maybe
10-15 seconds grinds on the starter, she started and ran pretty good.  I was
impressed.

I didn't have it on the road a full week when I drove it to Home Depot
Saturday morning for some nails.  I topped off the oil with maybe 1/2 quart
before I left.  Dag nabbit if the oil light didn't flicker a couple of miles
from home around a curve.  Parked it in the garage where it left a huge 3'
(yes, 36") diameter oil spot after a long continuous dribble from the road.

Haven't got under it to see what the problem is yet, suspect left valve
cover and rear seal or maybe oil cooler.  Just hope it's not too bad.

Danged old 40 yr old cars!!!    ROFL

Tempting ... my experiences make me want to build a trailer queen and never
touch her.

Barry in SC
5 cars tagged and insured... 2 of them are vairs, 2 hondas, and 1 Dodge Ram
diesel quad cab truck for camping and towing.