<VV> Cars in Hemmings CC

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Mon Jun 18 16:19:14 EDT 2007

Folks
As a BIG advertiser in several hemmings publications, we always get advance copies.

THIS ISSUE IS A MUST HAVE FOR ALL CORVAIR COLLECTORS. Forget Automobile Quarterly after you read this one

Front Cover---60 Coupe (Hemmings knows class when they see it) owned by Bob McShane  Also the focus of the first "Drive Report".  For Ed in FL, the other is a 67 Marlin by AMC--YOU need this one.

Page 6, a full page column by Richard Lentinello on the Buffalo Convention, the Concours at Front Park.  VERY COMPLIMENTARY, not just on the cars but on the PEOPLE he met, and how we're nowhere near as snobbish as many groups of collector car owners---how we run the spectrum of age,career and interest, and how a stock purist appreciates a tweaked or tricked out car.
Pg 14-23 show the Corvair Timeline across the bottom of the pages, and many great examples of Corvairs.  V V Members Bill Stanley, Doug Mackintosh,and Russ Moorehouse's cars are featured, also a dozen others, including Joe Darinsig's Corsa.

5 pages on the Drive Report on the 60 Coupe, then a page of specs.  Club Scene highlights CORSA.

This is the biggest spread on Corvairs I've seen in the 20 years I've owned one in ANY magazine.  It's a keeper, if you don't subscribe, better get one while they last.  This is the August edition.

Hank