<VV> Last convertible?

Jim Bannister jimster1 at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 18 16:26:02 EDT 2007

Hi all,
I personally saw the car last weekend while picking up some other Corvair
parts.  The seller peeled the car cover back exposing the VIN plate.  Sho
nuff, 5997.  My knowledge of '69 is limited, but I knew #600 was the last of
the breed.  It's a gorgeous car, it looks like it just backed down from the
transporter.
Jim B

No, it isn't a recent discovery. And YES, #5997 IS the last convertable.
Dave Newell, Mark Ellis, and I have all reviewed the proof, and verified
it's identity. It was "discovered" about 5 years ago in the Bay area.
Because of it, I was able to complete a replica of the last 7 cars on a
car hauler for the last Chicago convention in '04.

-Mark