<VV> Convertible gasoline

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Jun 19 01:31:26 EDT 2007

In a message dated 6/18/2007 9:53:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
corsa at comcast.net writes:

I tried  starting the 69 Vert today and found the carbs all gummed up from
sitting so  long in the garage with the crappy gas they sell in  California.

I cannot speak for the gas they sold in California when the car was placed
in storage. As of right now, the best Gasoline available in the United States -
 with the sole exception of the Octane being limited to 91 (R+M/2) - is on
sale  in California. (also, usually, the most expensive) The Chevron gasoline
refined and sold in California is trucked to Detroit for all the emission
testing for the Detroit automakers. It is tested to very high standards. There  is
no gasoline that ages well in storage. There are additional  measures that
can be taken, but there is hardly anything better than  regular use.  - Seth
Emerson