<VV> last convertible removed from eBay to clean up carbs

Jim Bannister jimster1 at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 19 16:25:15 EDT 2007

I saw the car in Dave's garage a week ago, it's lovely. He said that he
bought it for his wife but that she preferred something else and it hadn't
been driven in a long time.  At the time he hadn't decided which of his
Corvairs to list on EBay.  I have no reason to disbelieve anything he said,
especially in our discussion before the listing went up.  I can well believe
that he didn't broadcast his ownership of 5997.  We can see that the
interest shown on the list is indicative of Corvairdom's interest in this
historical car.  I can guess that he didn't want the hassle, or the contract
stealie boys snooping around his place.

Jim B.

However, the owner had real concerns that the car was not represented
properly in the listing, since it had been sitting too long and got gunked
up, which he wanted to clean up before listing it again.

Too bad we don't have the funds that Porsche owners, et al., have to let the

club make him an owner he can't refuse before he lists it again.

The owner is still a member of Corsa, has owned this car since at least
April 6th, 2004, when he claimed it as his in his email's signature line

The "last convert" may have changed hands between then and now, since he
hasn't listed it in his "bio line" since then, but maybe he didn't want to
draw attention to himself ?

Looks like he took good care of he, though...

Chaz