<VV> Re: Generator

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Jun 20 00:52:39 EDT 2007

This was discussed recently (within last year). You should be able to
remove the oil pressure sender without removing any generator bolts. Buy
the correct socket at the parts store. And a 6" extension. If the socket
has a thick wall and won't quite fit on the sender while touching the
pulley, grind the OD of the socket at the interferrence point. A 1 1/16"
socket is not the correct socket. The correct socket has both 1" and 1
1/16" flats in an odd pattern. The correct socket is also just slightly
taller than a normal short (not deep well) socket.

Frank DuVal