<VV> #5997

Corsa corsa at comcast.net
Wed Jun 20 02:08:47 EDT 2007

Thanks for the input regarding gummy carbs and stale gas. Hope to get the carbs done soon.

Regarding the ad copy for the eBay ad, in the future I will incorporate the corrections pointed out by members.

1) Car #5999 was purchased and not given to Mr Boyer.

2) Car #5997 is the last KNOWN Corvair Convertible and "very likely the last convertible" built.
It cannot be confirmed until absolute proof surfaces that #5998 is a coupe. The Casey photo is suggestive, but not conclusive.
So future confirmation is unlikely.

3) The fate of #5998 is unknown, just as the fate of #6000 is unknown. No absolute conclusive proof regarding the disposition of either car has ever surfaced.
Perhaps both survived or conversely perhaps both were scrapped. No one knows for sure, or at least no one has come forward with conclusive proof over the last 38 years. It's likely we'll never know. But its the uncertainty that makes it fun hoping that #6000 may be out there somewhere.

I removed the listing from eBay for several reasons. Errors were pointed out in the listing, and I discovered that the car's carburetors were gummed up. So I decided that the ad should be pulled before anyone bid on the car. The listing was cancelled less than 24 hrs after it was posted.

Bigwave Dave