<VV> Loose exhaust tube in a head

Edelstein and Payne eandp at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 22 14:24:12 EDT 2007

Folks,

     My son and I have just about finished cc'ing and polishing the combustion chambers on the 140 heads for his car.  We had the heads completely re-done with new, staked valve seats, new guides, new stainless valves, with a little porting in the bowls.  There is a lot of time and a fair amount of money in the heads.  We were cleaning the exhaust tubes to prepare them for painting with high temp paint to minimize heat transfer to the pushrod tubes, and we discoverd that the end tube on one head is loose.  Is this a problem, or will it be held in adequately when we clamp the exhaust manifolds on.  If it is a problem, ho do we fix it?

     Many thanks.

              Travis Payne   65 Monza coupe
              Raleigh, NC