<VV> Head Troubles...

Grant Richardson Grant43 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 23 01:37:32 EDT 2007

Hello:
     Having head troubles on a 64 convertible with a stock motor.  When I got the car, it ran fine until it blew a head gasket.  Turns out a previous owner had put on later model heads without putting in the necessary bushings to center the larger head over the barrels.  The head was trashed, so I got the proper 64 heads out of a junkyard, had them rebuilt and then slapped it all back together.  Ran fine until it threw a fanbelt and overheated.  Then it began to make noises and it turned out the heads were both extremely loose.  They were poperly torqued.  Is this a common problem with these motors?  Thanks.

Grant Richardson