<VV> Corvair prices

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Jun 23 13:59:27 EDT 2007

In a message dated 6/23/2007 5:18:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jonm925 at roadrunner.com writes:

I  haven't followed VV in a while so I don't know if the topic of  prices
has been on and it's been a long time since I posted.I check ebay and CORSA a
lot and I think people are out of there minds when it comes to prices lately.
I love Corvairs as much as the next guy but these cars are not worth what some
 people are asking. 95% of them are under 10K. The other 5% ain't much more
than that. What do you think?

J.  Miller

Corvairs are just like everything else. They are worth exactly how much
someone is willing to pay, and no more. There used to be an auction "scam" (It
may still be around) where you place your (say, $5000) Car at an auction with a
$10,000 "reserve" price, Then you can have friends bid it up to, say, $8000.
(No  risk on their part) Because it doesn't meet the reserve, you can say "No
Sale"  and keep the car. Now the owner can value the car - at least in
conversation -  "How much is it worth? Well, I turned down $8000 for it!" What a load
of crap!

Because of several upcoming changes in my life, I have decided to "divest"
myself of all things "Camaro". (I will be keeping the Corvair/Stinger). I am
sure I will run into the meatgrinder that is the buying and selling of Street
cars and Race cars and parts. I am not looking forward to it.
- Seth Emerson