<VV> Head Troubles...

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 23 15:51:44 EDT 2007

Can you give a better description of
"Then it began to make noises and it turned out
the heads were both extremely loose." ?

  What was loose? the head nuts? Does this include the ones inside the valve covers? What kind of head gaskets were used? I have never heard of this problem. Anybody out there have a clue?

Grant Richardson <Grant43 at comca st.net> wrote:
  Hello:
Having head troubles on a 64 convertible with a stock motor. When I got the car, it ran fine until it blew a head gasket. Turns out a previous owner had put on later model heads without putting in the necessary bushings to center the larger head over the barrels. The head was trashed, so I got the proper 64 heads out of a junkyard, had them rebuilt and then slapped it all back together. Ran fine until it threw a fanbelt and overheated. Then it began to make noises and it turned out the heads were both extremely loose. They were poperly torqued. Is this a common problem with these motors? Thanks.

Grant Richardson

MIKE KOVACS