<VV> has anyone had their Corvair Dynoed?

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Sun Jun 24 11:51:21 EDT 2007

     Yesterday at the GM nationals in Carlisle PA I watched several cars run up on the chassis dyno.  I know these things don't mean much but they are still kinda neat.  It left me wondering if anyone here has ever run their Corvair on a chassis or engine dyno, and what kind of results they got.

     I am also painfully aware that 140 1965 horsepower is a lot less then 140 modern horsepower...(I believe I read the 140 engine puts out about 95 modern horsepower somewhere).  Obviously my ego requires that anytime I talk horsepower about Corvairs I use the old figures.... No way am I going to tell anyone that my "souped-up" 140hp engine puts out 135 horsepower or some such nonsense.

     I'd love to know how much more powerful my hotrod 140 is then it was stock, but I'm sure total horsepower figure would hurt me deep down.

Anyone want to venture a guess as to how much power I gained from the stock 140 with the following mods:  (I realize this is all just talk, and that no one could give a really accurate estimate based on this information)

forged .060 over pistons in .060 over cylinders
Isky 280 cam
3 angle valve job with new seats
heads pocket ported etc. (done by the Corvair Ranch)

Has anyone ever had their Corvair dynoed and could post their specs and results?

Ray Rodriguez III
CORSA member
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe (undergoing restification)
www.myspace.com/vairnuts