<VV> Corvair Prices now CA registration

Matt Nall nalllm at verizon.net
Sun Jun 24 19:55:35 EDT 2007

Yes, in Calif.  the car is the CAR......  the owner only posseses it...
Plates stay with car forever [ except vanity / specials]

The car, if not to be operated, must pay / get a NON-OP    renewed yearly...

After 8 yrs. of no activity....  the fees are dropped...because the TITLE
is purged.....

Then the new / old owner can start over.....  BUT

You still need the original TITLE   [ catch 22]   but no back fees are
accessed.

No title...now it seems to depend on the DMV  person you are dealing with.

Hanks LM...nothing but 1  Black license plate  with 1977 sticker [ iirc]

Went to register [ not license]  and they ran the plate...not
stolen......just needed a Bill of  Sale then showing I had BOUGHT it [
recently?]

Then a VIN  verification  and I had a title.....

Side note:     Seems I'd forgotten that the car must be Complete  when
verifying the VIN....  engine  seat, windshield,etc...

So I ran home, 15 miles,  reinstalled the engine .....and back to the DMV
then back home to change vehicles, then 40 miles to work ... before  noon!

Matt Nall
All Vairs!
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt
Lots of Corvair Technical info!